Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Back!

Well I’m back in China for year 2!  I’m not going to lie; it was much more difficult to leave my family and friends this go around than last.  It is never fun to say goodbye, especially when you know it will be a long time before you see the people you love again.  However, Father has been my constant companion and comforter.  I am confident this is where He wants me for another year and I’m excited to see what He has in store!

Here are some pictures from my first week back.  Not too many fun pictures at the moment, but I’m sure that is soon to change!

These pictures were taken at the Lafayette airport where we said goodbye to our families.  Many tears were shed and I’m sure everyone at the airport was confused why we were so upset when we were just flying to Dallas! Haha 

Lesley and I with our panda neck pillows!  Don’t judge.  They're cool in Asia!  

Family picture!  Shout out to my awesome sister, who made me a scrapbook with pictures of my friends and family including a note from everyone!  I love it so much! Thanks Cam!

Funny family picture with my dad handing me money, my sister strangling me, and my mom upset over me leaving.  A pretty accurate depiction of their feelings towards me leaving again! Haha 

We had 4 flights to take, which was exhausting!  We traveled from Lafayette to Dallas, Dallas to LA, LA to Shanghai, Shanghai to Wuhan and then had a 2 hour drive to our city!  We ended up in our city at 3am.  Our boss picked us up and thought we would be hungry at 3am so took us to get street food! We couldn't even make it one day without Chinese food! 

The next few days were spent cleaning our apartment and getting our school schedule.  These are a few pictures of our messy apartment while unpacking.  Who knew you could collect so much in a matter of 10 months!!!



We are now teaching at a new location.  It is the same school as last year, but the school has moved out to the countryside and the campus is HUGE! We are now country folk during the week and city slickers on the weekend! hehe Here are some pictures.









The teacher apartments are not complete yet at the new school, so we are still living at our old apartment, which is about a 30minute drive away from the new school. The school did give us a dorm room to sleep in some nights if we wanted to.  As you can see in the picture below it isn’t bad for a student dorm, but not really prime for living in all the time for us.  Also, our mattresses are made of wooden planks!  



We are almost settled in now with the majority of the cleaning and unpacking behind us.  We taught our first week this past week and of course I love my kiddos!  More to come on that subject soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment