Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Day!

Today is Mid-Autumn Festival Day!  It is a lunar harvest festival that includes eating moon cakes, family gatherings, and matchmaking.  As one of my students on QQ (instant messaging) told me, "the Mid-Autumn festival is the cowherd and the weaver girl meet festival, dating appointment of festival, why don't you find a boyfriend? Oh oh, China also has many excellent boys ah ~ you are so beautiful, should have good people chase you."  I thought that was pretty funny!

Moon Cake from my boss Diana

About to eat my moon cake!

The inside was filled with lotus paste and an egg yolk.  Honestly, it wasn't that good.  Other moon cakes are filled with red bean paste, cherry, strawberry, and apricot.  I also tried a cherry filled one, which was much better!

We have 8 days off of school this week for this festival and National Holiday!  Hopefully more fun blog post coming up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment