Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Casting My Vote

Look what I did this past weekend...

That's right I voted!

It was actually much simpler than I ever imagined.   Before I left America this summer, I filled out the paper work for my ballot to be sent to me electronically in China.  All I had to do was print the ballot and then mail it to the good ole USA.  Apparently, Louisiana makes it way easier to absentee vote than most states or at least Michigan (according to my friends Paul and Erin).  haha 

This is me signing my ballot with a USA lantern! Lesley brought the lantern with her this year.  We've already put it to good use. 
**Also, please note our Bieber poster in the background.  We're cool and we know it!  


Mailing our ballots!

Our friend Dawn came to help us mail it in. 

Just sealing my envelope with glue.  The usual.

We mailed them on October 6th and we were told it would take 2 weeks to get to Louisiana.  We have a little cushion room just in case. I'm glad I was able to vote for this very important election.  Don't forget to vote on November 6th!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment